Overweight. Test showed high SGPT and SGOT level. What should I do?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: sgot is 121, sgpt is 216 and triglycerides are 1016. My weight is 106. What do i need to do?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your your query.
The high SGPT and SGOT could be possibly due to fatty liver disease. An ultrasound scan of the abdomen may be done for confirmation.
For treatment, you need to reduce your weight as your obese which can cause fatty liver disease. You have stop drinking alcohol( if you have the habit of drinking).
Triglyceride levels also be reduced. Avoid fatty food, increase your physical activity and take medications to decrease its level. Consult your physician for prescription.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 7 minutes later
i hope there is nothing else to worry about as websites give different scenarios such as hepatitis, hcv etc when you enter the sgot,sgpt, tgl scores
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 13 minutes later
The most likely cause is fatty liver. But other causes like HBV and HCV infection also should be ruled out.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 minutes later
ruled out? or checked?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 6 minutes later
Tests should be done to see whether you have those infections.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini