Over weight with high blood sugar level. Now what should i do?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Diabetes
Question: i took a home blood sugar test that showed a blood sugar level of 123. i'm 57, exercise regularly but am about 15 pounds overweight. does this test mean I'm diabetic. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 7 minutes later
Hi Jskribe,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You do not have diabetes.
The blood sugar should be tested in the morning in fasting state when you have not taken anything to eat. It is typically done before breakfast.
If your blood sugar level is of early morning then it is called pre-diabetes.
Exercise and weight reduction and avoiding smoking and alcohol is the main stay treatment that would be helpful.
If the sugar level is during the day time then you do not have any worry and just cut down on extra weight for health purpose.
Wish you a great health!