Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Our 25 yr old son has been experiencing constant abdominal

Apr 2017
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 9974 Questions
Our 25 yr old son has been experiencing constant abdominal pain for two weeks. He has seen 2 different internists at our practices walk in hours. Right now his abdomen is very bloated and hard (he has been able to urinate and defecate.) He vomits daily (was put on sucralfate on Tuesday and already takes Dexillant 60 mg for GERD.)
Now he is feeling dizzy and has a headache. He has an appointment in 2 days with his gastroenterologist, but he thinks he should go to the emergency room now. Is that what we should do
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Visit to ER recommended as primary medicines not working since 2 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to
I have evaluated your query for your son thoroughly .

* The symptoms seems to be in relation with underlying intestine infection or
other issue .
* He needs evaluation with necessary lab tests and ultrasound , x-ray
examination to find out the diagnosis and get managed accordingly .

* I strongly recommend to visit ER rather than waiting for 2 days .

Wishing him fine recovery .
Welcome for any further assistance .

Regards take care .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor