Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

On thyronorm 75gm. Having frequent urination and delayed periods. What is causing this?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
Hi i am 32 years old and have a 1 year old baby.I had a ceasarean operation in september 2011.Then i had thyroid problem detected with a high tsh since lastsix months,i take thyronorm 75gm daily.Recently i am having delayed period fr past 2 months and have started having frequent urination, white discharge and foul-smell while urinating.Also i feel discomfort and as if something is blocked in my urinary duct or some kind of uneasiness which is more while standing.what is the safe age for me to conceive as i am already 32years and i plan to have another child but not before 3 yeras as my 1st child is 1 year old now
Please help

Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 36 minutes later
Thank you for your query.

Firstly, the symptoms you told, are different. Your main problems are
1.     Delayed period.
2.     Urinary problem.

I am giving answers of your problems one by one.

1. You are having delayed period due to some hormonal disbalance. Check your thyroid profile for any fluctuation in thyroid functioning. Consult with your treating doctor for adjustment of dose of eltroxin.

2. From your symptoms, it is clear that you are suffering from like presence of vaginal discharge indicates some infection in the genital tract also. In our clinical experience, it is common. But this has to be confirmed by clinical examination.

For this condition you have to do the followings
1.     Take plenty of water.
2.     Take antispasmodic agent like spasmoproxyvon / nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents like aceclofenac / paracetamol to get relief from pain.
3.     You have to take ciprofloxacin group of antibiotics.
4.     Metronidazole group of antimicrobial agents should be considered for vaginal discharge.
5.     Use condom during sexual intercourse. Search for same symptoms in your husband. If those are present then he should also be treated.
6.     Take a pantoprazole group of drug in morning before breakfast.
7.     Take a multivitamin agent.
8.     Test your urine for any abnormality.

Consult with a gynecologist for a clinical examination, for ordering investigation and also for dosing of the abovementioned drugs and for further management accordingly.

You should have your second pregnancy within 35 years of age. Because after this age there is increased chance of complication.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor