On the lutera birth control pill. Started brown spotting after periods. Have unprotected sex. Worrisome
Also, about 3 weeks ago, my boyfriend and I had sex and he wore a condom (and I was taking the pill regularly). Twice, the condom came off and his sperm was inside me. I got my period about 2 weeks after that right on schedule, but this brown discharge worries me because I've read online that it could be signs of early pregnancy. What do you think about all of this? Thanks!
Thanks for posting your query.
You had your normal period just few days ago. The mild brown discharge that you are having is not likely to be related to pregnancy. Since you are taking your birth control regularly, the chances of pregnancy are even more remote.
Please do not worry. This brown discharge is likely to be due to minor hormonal disturbance. This will subside on its own in next few days. In case the discharge is persistent then you need to get a vaginal swab culture done to rule out any vaginal infections.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- No period birth control pills
- Lutera birth control pill
- Iui birth control pill 3 days after period start
- Starting birth control pill the day before period
- Period on birth control pills
- Heavy periods birth control pills
- Birth control pills missed period
- Sex on birth control pill
- Birth control pill after sex
- Delayed periods stopped birth control pills had unprotected sex pregnant