On testicle is bigger then the other. What is the problem?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Question: one of my testicles (right) is now a days bigger than the left one. what is the problem/
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for posting a query.

The symptoms you described indicates some possibilities -
1. Hydrocele which is accumulation of fluid.
2. Any infection like filariasis
3. Any neoplastic condition.

Among these, hydrocele is most common. Specially when there is a history of trauma, hydrocele should be ruled out first. Infective reasons should be suspected if any history of fever is present alongwith positive inguinal lymph nodes. Neoplastic changes in this age group includes germ cell tumors. So, this should be kept in mind while examining a patient like you.

From the above discussion, it is clear that the diagnosis is dependent on history, clinical examination, and also on some investigations.

After clinical examination, a ultrasound scan of the scrotum should be done to rule out any neoplastic changes. If clinical examinations indicate possibility of hydrocele, it should be treated surgically.

So, visit a general surgeon first for a detailed clinical examination, for ordering any special investigations if required, and also for further management accordingly.

Hope, this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 6 minutes later
but after the bath I found that the right one is not so big as the left one.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 7 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

The symptom you described now, does not indicate to any specific disease condition. A thorough clinical examination is essential to draw any conclusion.

So, visit the doctor as I previously mentioned.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 5 hours later
I ma sending you the pictures of my testicles. Please check that it is normal or not.

Thanking You,
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 4 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

After seeing the picture, It can be said that the right one is slightly greater than the left one. But it is just the idea. It should be confirmed by clinical examination. But from my clinical experience, I can tell you that it may be normal.

So, consult with general surgeon as I told you for confirmation of the condition.

Regards.