On ramipril for high blood pressure. Will it be safe to stop medicine?
Thanks for posting your query.
As you have positive family history of cardiac disease you should take prescribed medicines properly.
Ramipril (a ACE inhibitor) is most suitable and frequently prescribed medication. In helps in remodeling of heart which is beneficial factor for cardiac patient.
But ramipril is associated with multiple side effects.
You can take medicines from ARB's group i.e. Losartan/ Telmisartan/ olmesartan/ valsartan. All these medications have the similar effects with minimal side effects.
If there is requirement of medicine for control of blood pressure then it should be taken regularly and on daily basis. Raised blood pressure will slowly damage your kidney and you may face problem in future.
Worldwide, raised blood pressure and blood sugar are the commonest cause of Chronic kidney disease.
Put your query if you have.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High blood pressure headache medicine
- Best high blood pressure medicine
- High blood pressure medicine amlodipine
- Stop medicine high blood pressure pregancy
- What are the medicines for high blood pressure
- High blood pressure medicine cyclopam
- High blood pressure medicine losartan
- Amway medicines for high blood pressure
- Apidexin and high blood pressure medicine
- Natural high blood pressure medicine
- Itching on side of tailbone
- Have PCOD. On ginette 35. Gaining weight and feeling breathless. What...
- Swollen tongue on right side. What could be the reason?
- Have acute asthma, taking Omnacortil but have side effects. Want to stop...
- Suffering from chronic pancreatitis. Gall blader and spleen has been...
- Had unprotected sex, no periods. Should I take Mitegest?
- Diagnosed with gerd and hiatus hernia. Have acid reflux. Should I get...
- Done CBC test, have acid reflux, coughing up blood. Had UTI treated with...
- What cancer could cause a low WBC count? Done blood test
- Suffering from stomach pain, loose motion and feeling weak. Is it safe...