Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

On pill for high blood pressure. Have gained weight. Exercise and diet plan for weight loss

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
I am 70 and recently retired since I have gained a lot of weight I am 5' 2 and weigh almost 170 my doctor wont help me with a diet pill because I have high blood pressure what can I do besides excerise and diet to try and lose this weight its all in my belly and butt I am at a loss with this and sometimes feel like i am going to blow up should I seek out a different type of doctor for my weight problem
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Thank you for your query.
I can understand the dilemma.
There are 2 options besides diet control and exercise.
They are liposuction from selective areas and bariatric surgery of stomach that reduces food intake of the person.
These methods will decrease your weight significantly but it does have its own set of minor side effects.
Please consult a plastic surgeon before deciding for the procedure.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: On pill for high blood pressure. Have gained weight. Exercise and diet plan for weight loss 6 hours later
I am not happy with this reply I am 70 yrs and your suggesting lipo I expected maybe some kind of weight loss program like Curves, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX or organic diet pill not surgery
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 11 hours later
I think you misunderstood me.
If dietary therapy and exercise can decrease the weight then there is no need for these methods.
If you are willing to join theses program a can tolerate diet regimens and exercise suggested by them go for it.
I just informed you about other methods available.
Hope you understand.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor