On monday the 15th i was diagnosed with Strep throat

Excellent

Question
On monday the 15th i was diagnosed with Strep throat (throat swab was positive) and given a prescription for Amoxicillin for 10 days. I took it like I'm supposed to and yesterday the 23rd i woke up in the morning with red bumps on my arms and legs. these bumps itch and are very uncomfortable. I have only one dose of Amoxicillin left. Should I take it or no? And what can I do about this terrible itching?
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Common side effect

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and the attached images... I can understand your concerns

Please note that it is common for Amoxicillin to the cause the side effect of producing rash and urticaria... I would recommend that you discontinue and skip this last dose.. Also, I would recommend that you take an antihistaminic as Cetirizine 10mg once daily before going to bed and apply and antihistaminic ointment on the affected areas three times daily..

If no improvement occurred then please go to the hospital for an Avil and Dexamethasone shots to abort the allergic reaction ..

I hope you find this helpful..

Kind regards