On medicine for diabetes. Have congestive heart failure. What is the required treatment?
Also- what about the kidney stone connection to CHF ? e-mail
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your mail with diligence.
Your mail says that you are taking two tablets of metformin for Diabetes. Please mention about your recent fasting blood sugar. Long term management of Diabetes is helped by monitoring of glycated hemobglobin(HbA1C) which reflects control over last 12 weeks.
I am not aware that lowering blood pressure causes congestive heart failure, rather it helps for heart has to pump blood against lowered resistance.
Yes, drugs for faster heart rate can slow it down to the extent of requiring a type of pacemaker.
I would like to be corrected if I am wrong but pacemaker they are planning for the treatment of heart failure is biventricular pacemaker to make your heart contract more effectively. Called Cardiac Resynchronizing Therapy.
If I were you I would leave therapy decisions to doctors retaining my right to question their every action with why this? Obviously, diuretics did not help enough.
There is no correlation between heart failure and kidney stone, I know of.
I hope that answers your questions. Good luck.
If you have any more query I will be most happy to answer it.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Internist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M(Cardiology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What happens with endstage congestive heart failure
- What happens to people with congestive heart failure
- What are treatments for congestive heart failure
- Congestive heart failure burping
- What usually kills congestive heart failure patients
- Over the counter treatment for congestive heart failure
- What do you suggest for congestive heart failure
- Treatment and cure for congested heart failure
- Medicinal marijuana and congestive heart failure
- Congestive heart failure treatment
- Had lipoma removed. Taking amlodipine to control BP and diclofenlic...
- Depression and irritability. On beta blockers and lisinopril for...
- Shivers and vomiting white substance. Taken combiflam. Am I okay?
- Irritated throat in a smoker. Currently on citalopram for anxiety. Is it...
- Chest pains in the morning. Dr did ECG, all normal, gave Dexilant....
- Different blood pressure readings on both hands. Is it normal? Family...
- Hypothyroidiam, reflux problem, anxiety, shoulder pain. How accurate is...
- Tightness in calves, forearm constricted with red spots. Issue with...
- Done cholesterol test, prescribed Rosuvas. Worried about side effects of...
- Ankles swollen, vein swollen on forehead after a flight. Why did it...