Owl Image

On medication for kidney stone. Getting back pain. Sonography showed mild cystitis. Any advice?

Owl Image
Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Question
I have astone in my kidney.doctor has prescribed emanzen forte , soda mint tablets ,buscopan and lasitactone tablets.stone size is3.8mm.i feel bladder is not emptying fully and there is pain in lower back.sonography showed mild prostate enlargement with mild median lobe prominence.there is mild cystitis.am I on the right treatment.please advice.my age is 45 years.
XXXXXXX
Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 16 minutes later
Dear,

I went through the details submitted with diligence and I am interested to know the location of stone.

From the information provided, I feel you should stop lasilactone as it can actually decrease your chances of passing the stone. As I am not aware the reason why it has been prescribed, I suggest you to discuss with your prescribing doctor and plan to stop it.

I shall like to hear from you again with exact ultrasound report.

Awaiting your response...

Sincerely

Rajiv goel

Follow-up: On medication for kidney stone. Getting back pain. Sonography showed mild cystitis. Any advice? 6 hours later
My stone is located in the left kidney size 3.8mm and it is at the lower pole calyx.does this cause protein traces in the urine and would you advice lithotripsy.i was thinking taking of lasiltone would increase the flow of urine which would help in throwing out the stone .please advice

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 7 hours later
Dear,

Thank you for providing the needed details.

Protein trace can arise in the urine because of stone. However, this stone is not causing the symptoms you are experiencing. You probably have associated infection of the urine too and that is causing the urinary symptoms and lower back pain. You should get urine culture done and start antibiotics according to sensitivity.

Lithotripsy can be done for this stone if it can be focused.

Studies have shown that if you tend to increase the urinary flow unnaturally by diuretics or beer it causes the ureter to go into spasm and thus decrease the chances of spontaneous passage. You should just increase the intake of your water to flush out the stone rather than do anything else.

Sincerely

Rajiv goel

Follow-up: On medication for kidney stone. Getting back pain. Sonography showed mild cystitis. Any advice? 7 hours later
Can the blood traces in urine be due to prostate enlargement.the urologist here has put me on doxyrid100 andveltam tablets.kindly advice.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

The blood traces can be there because of prostate enlargement but in all probability they are present secondary to infection. The urologist is treating you well and you should follow up with him.

All the best

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel