Owl Image

On medication for aloepcia. Have itchy scalp with dead skin and severe hair loss. What to do?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi

I am suffering from Aloepcia and was on medications.Now my hair have regrown from infected part but hairfall is too much due to which in some parts only roots are left .The volume of my hair has reduced to 50% and there and i have continous itching on the sclap with dead skin comin out.Due to hairfall the hair do not come out from roots but full lenghtt comes out and around 3-4 mm of roots remain their.I am using Protar K shampoo,ROOTZ liquid ,HALOX liquid ADGAIN Capsules from past 1.5 months.
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
So far you have been received correct treatment.
You can continue rootz liquid and adgain capsules.You should Salicia KT shampoo and zydip c lotion for daily night time application.
Also I would like to know-
For which scalp infection you are receiving this treatment?
Do you have scalimg on scalp?
Are there any bald patches?
Are there broken hair at the border?
What diagnosis you wer told to have?
Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photographs can be helpful in predicting the condition.
Answer the questions and upload the photographs and we can continue the discussion here.
Hope this helps.
DrSudarshan
MD dermatologist

Follow-up: On medication for aloepcia. Have itchy scalp with dead skin and severe hair loss. What to do? 19 hours later
Hi Dr,

I have uploaded my reports, prescription and the images of my scalp.Below are the answers to your question

For which scalp infection you are receiving this treatment? Ans: I told the dr regarding hairloss and patches and also hairfall that happens when even i am sitting and not combing hair.The hairfall is excess post wash and they keep of falling throughout the day.

Do you have scalimg on scalp? Ans: No there is no scalling

Are there any bald patches? Ans: Yes there were bald paches.Image 3 was a bald pach and hair have come there now slowly

Are there broken hair at the border? Ans: Yes there are broken hair also and roots are left as in last image

What diagnosis you were told to have?: Ans:All the test i was told to have are mentioned in prescription

Can you upload photos of the affected area? Ans: Photos uploaded

Note : Major problem now is that hair have started coming from paches but hairfall(full length) is such that it has given me stress and quantity of hair has reduced drastically.

Thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 10 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Ive gone through images and the reports.
You have been given correct treatment so far.
Your diagnosis was kept as ALOPECIA AREATA which is correct.
It is an autoimmune condition.
You are growing hairs in the patches which is a good thing.

Keeping the present treatment continued you should start on keraglo XXXXXXX capsule one per day.
Also Injection kenacort at the base of bald patches will be helpful.
Also vitamin D3 level is just borderline normal.
Vitamin D3 supplement twice in a week would be helpful.

With these additions your hair loss will also be controlled.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Regards.