On medication for UTI and sinus infection. Developed mouth ulcer, pimples on penis. What's wrong?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Mental Health
Question: I have been taking doxy 100 antibiotics for a week for a non specific uti caused by antibiotics. I had been on an antifungals for pityriasis rosea before these and another course of zithromax before that for a sinus infection. I have developed mouth ulcers and a pimple on my penis over the last two days. I had oral sex performed on me 3 days ago and am thinking the pimple may be related to friction from that. Can you explain this please? I spoke to my gp yesterday as I had also developed a fever (which has no subsided) and he said to continue the course of doxy for the next two weeks.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 51 minutes later
Dear,

The mouth ulcers you have developed are probably due the intake of antibiotics and you need to start yourself on multivitamins.

I shall be worried about the pimple on the penis. It is quite possible that it is caused by friction but you should still get it examined by your GP. In addition to doxy, I shall suggest you to start local application of antifungal cream under the guidance of your GP.

All the best. Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E