Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

On homeopathy treatment for presence of RBC in urine. Why am i getting back pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 333 Questions
Doctor, I had RBC in my urine(10-11) a year ago. I was under Homeopathy treatment and rbc was found occationally. Hdid not have any other health issues.But recently I found cloudy urine sometimes and have a acute mid back I suffering from Nephritis?
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 54 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
Nephritis is a kidney condition associated with high blood pressure, rbc in urine protein in urine, increase in serum creatinine and swelling in legs.

All the features may not be there at one time.

You can go for following tests to confirm,

•     Urine routine examination
•     Urine culture
•     Kidney function test in blood.
•     Blood pressure measurement
•     Ultrasound KUB for kidney echotexture and size.

Once these tests have been done, please let me know the reports.

RBC in urine can come from lot of other causes apart from nephritis. These include infection, kidney stones and other lesions. The best way to manage is to get opinion from your nephrologist.

hope this helps
Let me know if you have any more questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: On homeopathy treatment for presence of RBC in urine. Why am i getting back pain? 2 hours later
Sir, Urine culture done a year ago but no bacteria found in urine. Creatine level 0.88.USG done Kindney in normal size and no stone or mass found there.Only an amont of urine stored in bladder after complete uranation.Why i have mid back pain is that gasstric problem or it happens due to kidney problem.One more question can I follow Homeopathy Treatment for receovery if ther is any problem.
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 2 hours later
hi there,

urine culture done is quite old ( one year ) and there is no fresh report of urine routine . if the serum creatinine and ultrasound done are within 2 to 3 weeks its OK other wise they should be repeated.

so i would suggest please see your blood pressure, repeat a fresh urine routine and urine culture tests to rule out any RBC, WBC and Protein in urine. if these are normal then you can rest assured that there are negligible chances of nephritis. nephritis is a serious disease and we should be sure it is not there.

mid back pain-- mid back pain is not likely to be gastric or stomach pain. stomach pain is generally central in location , in front , just below the chest bone. mid back pain can be originating from spine or muscular ache from paraspinal muscles, it can originate from kidney and pancreas also. a detailed clinical examination by your doctor should be able to make the correct diagnosis.

till a correct diagnosis is made no treatment should be recommended. i cannot comment on homeopathic medicines since i follow allopathic science.

best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: On homeopathy treatment for presence of RBC in urine. Why am i getting back pain? 19 hours later
One more qwestion I got married 6 months ago.I have low sex drive and some times penis goes soft during intercourse.Is that any problem due to symtoms mentioned before can i take an issue? Please
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 14 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks again for writing back.

If you have erections and ejaculation, even though the penis gets limp earlier, you have normal sexual organs. The presence of nephritis should not interfere with it.

Generally the problem which you describe is mostly caused by anxiety and it is more of a psychological problem. It should pass away if you become more confident. If there is any trauma of blunt injury on the private parts it can also manifest like this; but it should improve over one to two weeks.

Just relax and do not be tensed. I think you will be fine. In case problem persist or you get your medical reports and contact me.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor