On ecospin-75 and pan d. Have gastritis and feeling weakness. Liver function test normal. Cause?

Dr. Anil Grover

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: i am feeling weekness for last 20 days particularly in the afternoon/evening. i have gastritis for last 8 years but never felt weekness more than 2-3 days. recent i have tested ngo graphy there is minor blockage ( 5-10%) . my lipid profile at present well below the standard limit, liver function test is very good. pl advise the reason of sickness. i am taking medicine ecospin-75, flavedon mr regularly and some times pan-d
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your mail with diligence.
As your coronary angiography is normal you do not need so many medicines.
Aspirin howsoever small dose it may be can cause gastritits. SUBSTITUTE it with Clopidogrel 75 mg once a day after meals never empty stomach.
You do not need FLVEDON please discontinue it.
Why PAN D was started? I feel there is no need for this also discontinue it.
After you have omitted the medicines your gastritis will settle. Take OTC available antacids any brand one Table Spoonful, one and three hours after meals for 7 days. You will much better.
I feel drug induced gastritis is the source of your problem.
I hope that answers your questions. Good luck.
If you have any more query I will be most happy to answer it.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Internist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW