On birth control patch for several weeks. Period came as
If period came regularly the patch is effective.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
If you use the patch correctly, your period should be regular.
The hormones in the patch make your periods more regular.
So, in your case the patch is effective.
Only If you miss your periods, you can suspect a pregnancy and do a pregnancy test for confirmation.
Other positive side effects of the patch are to ease menstrual cramps and lighten bleeding.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The periods can come even though you didn't remove the patch yet.
Hi again dear,
Yes, the periods can come even though you didn't remove the patch yet.
Actually, you don't have periods when you use the patch - you have a withdrawal bleed.
It does not always happen, but this does not mean that the patch is ineffective.
You should not be worried.
Wishing you all the best.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?