On 1/24 I (stupidly) injected about 200ml of sterile water

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Sun, 17 Feb 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: On 1/24 I (stupidly) injected about 200ml of sterile water into the center of the scrotum using a 22g catheter. I am an EMT, so I took all sanitary precautions. Whatever cords (epididymis perhaps) that run down the center of the scrotum are inflamed, do not hurt, but is slightly uncomfortable.
Both testicles have full sensation, are not inflamed. Urination and ejaculation are completely normal, no blood or other fluids.
Will this go away on its own? Are the cords irritated or bruised if I accidentally nicked it with the catheter?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs for a week

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query. Based on the facts that you have posted the swelling that you have developed is inflammation of a subcutaneous tissue of Scrotum.

Take antibiotics like Augmenting and anti inflammatory drugs like Chymoral forte and Dyclofenac twice daily for a week .

It will help to reduce the inflammation and prevent infection.

Thanks and Regards
Do write if have any more questions
Dr .Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj