Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Occasional sharp pain behind eye, tender temple. Abnormal blood circulation in limbs. What is wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
occasional sharp pain behind the eye
left temple is tender to touch
some small indegestion (burps)
blood circulation in limbs not normal
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Its shall be interesting to know if the eye ache is usually accompanied by headache or not. There could be an association between the tender temple and the eye ache. This is a syndrome found in temporal arteritis. A fundoscopy (examination of the back part of the eye by an apthalmologist), a physical examination and an erythrocyte sedimentation rate are sufficient o make a clear cut diagnosis.
For umps of indigestion, most of the time its temporal. Your diet usually counts. Exercise, vegetable XXXXXXX diet, more fluid intake, avoiding late meals on its own could help solve the problem. On rare occasions with persistence, your family physicians might prescribe your other drugs or do some tests if necessary. As of now, I suggest you apply the above cited life style changes for some weeks.
Abnormal blood circulation needs actually to be diagnosed by a physician, with particular tests. Blood flow is usually measured using a specific test called a doppler ultrasound.
What you might be describing could be changes in the sensation on the limbs which is a peripheral neuropathy. Low Calcium and Magnesium level on their own could explain such symptoms. I suggest you take and appointment with an internist for a proper evaluation.
Hope this helps but do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor