Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Obese, trying to lose weight. Need diet plan

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
Dear Doctor,

I am 29 years old and have a health body. My query is, I am a bit obese and need to loose weight desperately. I did some gyming and lost some weight but again gained it after marriage. Can you help me with some diet plan which can help me.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Radhika 29 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

A diet needs to be personalised to an individual's body need, current weight and height of the body. You haven't specified your height and weight details in the query - Consulting a nutritionist might help you in personalising a detailed diet plan to you. You may consider getting an opinion from a nutritionist through XXXXXXX If you wish you may contact the customer support team to help you fix an appointment with a nutritionist.

In the meantime, he following remedies may help you:
1. Eat small, nutritious meals every 2 hours. Try and regularize your meal timings
2. Generally, the breakfast should be the heaviest meal and dinner should be the lightest meal.further. Have your dinner by 8:30 pm and there should be a 2 hour gap between dinner time and the time you hit the bed.
3. Avoid refined sugar, white rice, sweets, cakes, pastries, oil and fried food.
4. A consult with a dietitian can help you have a customized plan for yourself.
5. Have plenty of fibre XXXXXXX food like fruits and vegetables.
6. Exercise atleast 5 times a week for 50 minutes daily. This has to be aerobic exercise like walking, running, swimming, skipping. Yogic postures like Suryanamaskar 25-30 times daily will also help.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor