Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Obese, have PCOD and on Diane. Unable to have periods without medication. Smaller uterus shown in vaginal scan. Conceive naturally?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions

I am 26 Yrs and my husband 29 Yrs. I am obese, have PCOD and have been on Diane 35 for 3 years. AFter having stopped Diane, i am unable to get my period without external medicines help. I am consulting a doctor who has put me on lot of medicines(8 Tablets a day) - OOsure & Glynid(twice daily) , E-Cod Plus, Nutricell, Fol - G2+, Lycola (Once daily). I had a failed HSG( they tried 3 times but couldn't get the XXXXXXX go through the cervix. As it was very painful, i had to give up. Through an vaginal scan they have analysed i have a slightly smaller uterus. They are now suggesting a lyporoscopy. However i am quite skeptical. My husbands Semen analysis has been normal with 45% motility. Kindly suggest if I could conceive naturally.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Weight loss only way

Detailed Answer:
Hi, All these medicines help you little unless you loose weight. Since HSG could not be done, please try in a different hospital who can use different techniques. If still not possible, laparoscopy is only way to assess tubal status. Hysteroscopy will help to check if uterus is small or normal. If you wish to conceive naturally and have regular cycles, you must loose weight by strict diet and excercise under guidance. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Obese, have PCOD and on Diane. Unable to have periods without medication. Smaller uterus shown in vaginal scan. Conceive naturally? 2 days later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX for your time on responding to my query.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please write review

Detailed Answer:

I am glad I was of help to you. Please accept my answer and write a review.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor