Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Obese and overweight. Is CProactive Protein blood test necessary to check for heart inflammation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 567 Questions
Yes should I get a CProactive Protein blood test to see if I have any heart inflammation. My younger brother died at age 55 in May over a diseased heart he never knew he had it. He was being treated for high blood pressure. My current doctor doesn't think I need it because I've never had high blood pressure. However, I'm very morbidly obese at about 65 pounds overweight and I'm worried. And I'm confused. What do you suggest?
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 3 hours later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concern.

Based on the information it seems like you are having heart diseases running in your family. We can't do any things to our genes so lets dive in the the factors we can change which in turn will change entire outlook.

Now being overweight is second additive cause for heart diseases. Here is how it effects, since every part need to be supplied blood by the heart, now the more of the body weight will need more blood to be supplied by heart hence heart has to work harder to pump the blood. So best way to give heart relief is the have lower body weigh. Hence reducing weight will be best thing to help heart.

Now to keep heart tuned up and healthy their is somethings that you can do.
1) Avoiding fatty and fried food.
2) Exercise 15 min a day for 5 day/week atleast.
3) Taking omega 3 fatty acid as a supplement does helps.
4) No smoking and No alcohol.

Please feel to contact me in case of further concerns.

Thanks for the query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor