Nursing mother. Stopped taking noriday. Had unprotected sex. Should I take nordette to prevent pregnancy?
Thanks for posting your query.
It is common to have delay in periods once you stop taking the contraceptive pill after such a long time.
Since the ovulation test is negative, the chances of pregnancy are minimal.
Taking Nordett now to avoid an unplanned pregnancy will not help you now after the gap. It is best to take an emergency contraceptive pill if you are concerned.
There are dozens of brands of emergency contraceptive pills (also known as "morning after pills" or "day after pills") available around the world.
You can ask for Postinor 2 or Plan B one- step or next choice from your nearest pharmacist.
For, Plan B one-step, you must take 1 tablet as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you choose Next Choice, then you need to take the 2 pills together.
In case of Postinor-2, you need to take the first dose within 72 hours. The second dose needs to be taken after 12 hours.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
So if I take Postinor-2 after the second dose which is 12 hours later so what are the other prevention method that will work to prevent pregnancy. Do i need to take nordett or marvelon after the second dose immediately? or I still need to wait until i get the first period which is i 'm not sure when....or i need to take Postinor-2 everytime after i have intercourse until i get period. and it is possible for me to pregnant if the ovulation test is negative and pregnancy test is negative after five days i have intercourse with the ejaculation? XXXXXX
Thanks for writing again.
If you take Postinor-2, then you are protected against pregnancy for this time. You need to use a regular contraceptive like intrauterine device or a pill like Nordette on a regular basis after consulting your gynecologist.
A negative pregnancy test five days after intercourse does not rule out the pregnancy but a negative ovulation test decreases the chances of pregnancy considerably.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- My mom takes noriday
- Is it safe to take citalopram with noriday
- Frequent vaginal spotting taking noriday chances of pregnancy
- Stopped taking noriday and only brown discharge
- Men taking noriday
- Periods while taking noriday
- Pelvic pain am taking noriday
- Im pregnant and been taking noriday
- Breastfeeding mom taking noriday no periods should i be worried
- Im taking noriday for heavy periods
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...