Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Numbness in groin area after bike ride and noticed blood in urine. Cystoscopy normal. Any ideas?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I recently rode the stationary bike at the gym and afterwards felt numbness in my groin area. Hours after I masturbated, ejaculated and went to pee and dark blood came out, stopped, and was followed by a clot. I waited a day and drank fluids and the next morning I began to get aroused (no ejaculation) and then it happened again but not nearly as bad as before. This has happened before and have had all the tests including cystoscopy and everything was fine. It's been years since the last time this happened, any thoughts?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 40 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The possibilities are that you can be having a wart lesion in the urethra, or it could just be a local trauma due to bicyle, or it can be a stone in the kidney-ureter, bladder passage.
You should get an ultrasound of the K-U-B passage for an evaluation and an examination by a local urologist.
Meanwhile take lots of fluid to avoid clots that can clog the urethra to create trouble in passing urine.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Numbness in groin area after bike ride and noticed blood in urine. Cystoscopy normal. Any ideas? 21 minutes later
I really believe its from the bike ride. What part of the trauma from the bike would cause this to happen? My previous episode 3 years ago happened during prolonged sexual arousal but no clots were present and it only lasted that one time until now.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 43 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,Welcome back!The possibility of local injury by bike ride is offcourse avid but still the advised investigations are necessary to fix the diagnosis.Your guess might be very right because when you ride a bicycle the bulbous part of urethra i.e. That part of urethra which is just under pubis can get injure necause it is superficial.The injury is mostly managed conservatively means it is self limiting and heals by itself.Just make sure a good water intake.I hope the advise would benefit you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor