• question-icon

Numbness in body, dizzy, headache, sleeplessness, low RBC count, Hb and hematocrit count. Why no diagnosis?

Posted on Thu, 21 Jun 2012 in Mental Health
Question: Im 39 yr old female. 4 months ago i noticed numbness in my body.. As if now my entire body feels numb. I also have a dry persistent cough for almost 2 years I am dizzy almost everyday, have headaches, cant sleep well. I had a complete bloid count done and im low in red blood cells, hemoglobin and hematocrit counts. My cholesterol is over 255 and the only low count is hdl and its 35. The ratio is 7.3. My blood carbon dioxide is low at 17
My glucose gestational screen is high at 152
Most of blood count results are on the line of being low also
Ive lost 70 lbs in 4 months bcause im not hungry and when i eat i get nauseous or throw up
My vision is blurry sometimes and im completely exausted and nothing increases my energy. I even get out of breath showung. Ive been to GI and he used scope to go see and said i was inflamed but he doesnt know why. My blood pressure drops to 90 over 60 to 145 XXXXXXX 50 too it fluctuates greatly
All symptoms are persistent and have been going on 4 months. How come they cant give diagnosis?? I feel like i should go to ER cause of how u feel this weekend. Whats wrong?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

You have multiple medical problems and you are currently not on medication for any

1. Hypercholestremia
2. ?Diabetes
3. Anemia

All of this is causing your current problem of tiredness and weakness. Blurry vision can be sometimes attributed to uncontrolled sugars.

I strongly recommend you to go to a multi speciality hospital which has 1. XXXXXXX medicine 2. Endocrinology 3. Cardiology.

Please do not ignore this issue, you need further work up in terms of
1. Diabetes and fluctuating Blood pressure- ultra sound pelvis, Serum Creat, Urine for sugars and micro albumin, HBa1C, retinal exam
2. Anemia- Peripheral mear, iron, vitamin b 12, folic acid study, colonoscopy
3. Hypercholestremia- A treadmill test to rule out ischemic changes in the heart

In the mean time please follow these advices

1. Avoid trivial injury to the legs and hands
2. Brush your teeth twice daily
3. Avoid carbohydrates like wheat bread, rice, banana,
4. Avoid sweets like candy bar, desserts
5. Do not exercise until you see a doctor
6. Please do not travel unsupervised until you see a doctor

Your treatment should include
1. Correction of anemia (low blood count, hemoglobin)
2. Oral hypoglycemic agent if blood sugars are raised
3. An atorvastain to reduce cholesterol

Once the anemia and blood sugars are corrected you will feel better soon

I hope I have answered to your query, please accept my answer if there are no further queries

I wish you a speedy recovery

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist