Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Numbness in arm after fall. Do I have nerve damage or will it heal with time?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10337 Questions
I fell in the shower 3 days ago and hit my back/shoulder/arm. My right arm has been numb since the accident. Do I possibly have nerve damage and should I see a doctor, or will it heal with time? I don't have any swelling or pain except in a few tender areas. Thanks!
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
It seems that you have suffered a blunt injury to the nerve which is responsible for the symptoms.
Such minor nerve injury usually heals on its own without any treatment in a week or two. In case the area of numbness is increasing, then you need to consult a neurologist for systemic steroids and methylcobalamin supplements for an early recovery.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor