Nuclear heart test showed uptake in breast and armpit. Chest X-ray showed Pulmonary nodule. What does it mean?

Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology

Posted on Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Question: I had a nuclear heart test done and it showed uptake in the right breast and armpit. Could this mean anything? Also with chest exray it shows a pulmonary nodule.
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs further testing by FNAC/biopsy Detailed Answer: Hello, Probably nuclear test means PET CT test. As there is uptake it needs to be investigated at your age to rule out any pathology .You need further testing by FNAC and/or biopsy from right breast and armpit. If the test is positive further evaluation is required. Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 39 hours later
what does FNAC stand for?
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology Detailed Answer: Hello, FNAC means fine needle aspiration cytology ,where we aspirate few cells from the nodule and examine under microscope for the cell type. good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E