November 25 I had sharp lower back pain. Went to
Left rental length 9.1 cm. Normal. No evidence of solid mass or calculi Normal renal cortical parenchymal echogenicity. There is pelviectasis with no true hydronephrosis. Pre-void volume 336.6mi and Post-void volume 37.6 ml
Conclusion: mild bilateral right greater than left renal pelvis dilatation. Small postvoid residual in bladder.
Blood work performed in March 2018 showed wbc 4.2 and rbc 4.04 B12 level 1233. BUN 12; CREATININE SERUM 12; Egfr XXXXXXX Am 100; bun/creatine ratio 17; sodium serum 141; Potassium 4.2; Albumin 4.0 AST 15; ALT 12
Concerns: pelviectasis; microscopic blood in urine; low red and white blood count and above readings Do I have acidosis? Should I see urologist or urogynecology or nephrologist.
Everything seems fine
What you describe sounds like a case of kidney stones and the ultrasound and urinalysis supports this. To be completely sure, you should have a CT urography scan. You do not have acidosis, and it is not a serious condition. For symptomatic relief, try diclofenac and omnic/tamsulozine.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
CT urography is fine
A CT urography is only associated with a very small amount of x-rays. MRI's do not send out x-rays and are therefore harmless.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has