Noticed yellow color discharge with burning sensation after urologic procedure. Test result showed positive for klebsiella pneumoniae. Help?
It is clear that you have this Klebsiella pneumoniae infection. Culture of the discharge is a gold standard test to diagnose the type of infection. Further possibility of acquiring the urinary tract infection is very common after any invasive procedure.
Therefore you should be treated as a case of UTI. Specific antibiotic can be started according to culture and sensitivity report. Alkaliser solution can relieve the burning sensations. Drink plenty of fluids. Urine Culture should be repeated after about two weeks of completing the course of antibiotic to now the relapse.
Hope your query is answered with your satisfaction and useful to you. Let me know if you need clarifications.
You should take only that antibiotic which is most sensitive for the bug according to the culture and sensitivity report.That will be the drug of choice.
Empirically advised medicines may not be sensitive against the said bacteria.
So the culture and sensitivity test is a must in such cases.
Please feel free for more clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vaginal culture showed klebsiella pneumoniae in vagina is this dangerous
- Pregnant have recurrent heavy growth of klebsiella-pneumoniae help
- Help my unknown is either klebsiella pneumoniae and enterobacter aerogenes but the motility is positive and indole negative
- Wondering if klebsiella pneumoniae can cause penile discharge
- Vaginal culture showed light klebsiella pneumoniae having yellowish discharge suggestions
- Diagnosed with klebsiella pneumoniae having penile discharge medications
- Klebsiella pneumoniae brown discharge
- Klebsiella pneumoniae vaginal discharge
- Klebsiella pneumoniae brown discharge in vagina
- Urine culture positive for klebsiella pneumonia