Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed white thick deposit under foreskin. What could be this?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9335 Questions
whats this white thick thing in my penis.. under my foreskin... is that something to worry about
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 30 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
It sounds to me like something tha is called smegma. This looks like thick but soft deposit of white,smelly substance under the foreskin,especially at the bottom of your glans. This is often found in noncircumcised men and is nothing to be concerned about. All you need is proper and often cleaning. This is produced by penis glands and made of its secretions,death cells and bacterias. It isnt XXXXXXX but sometimes might be a place where bacterias can grow. You simply need to at least once a day pull your foreskin back until the whole glans is uncovered, and wash it with clean water and neutrla soap, and dry it well. At the beginning it might be necessary to rub this smegma a bit harder ,but you should clean it well and it wont come back then anymore. if you cant pull your foreskin completely you might have phymosis and you should visit doctor.
Secondly, if this cant be removed and you feel burning pain, have discharge or redness on your penis it might be STD or other genital infection. Especially if you are sexually active. In that case you should visit your GP for treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor