Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed white substance coming from penis. How to get rid of this?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
A white substance covered the penis and on my trying to wipe it out , the white substances came out and penis get red and it is itching very much .
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 55 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

The white thing you mentioned, may be one of two things
1. Pus due to lower Smegma which is secreted in large amount.

So, first you have to get physically examined by a physician. In case of lower urinary tract infection, you have to do a routine urine examination. Which will confirm the disease. If you have a history of sexual intercourse with any person having any sexually transmitted disease, then you have an increased chance of getting the disease.

Smegma is the normal secretion of penile glands. If it is increased, it can cause allergic reaction. But the stickiness you told indicates more towards a pus like material.

For now, just take cetrizine 10 mg at bed time. Whatever is the cause, it will lower the itching sensation.
Keep the area clean.
Avoid sexual intercourse temporarily.

Immediately consult with a general physician or go to STD clinic of any teaching hospital for a thorough clinical examination, ordering investigation needed, and for further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor