Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Noticed white sticky liquid from urethra. Anything serious?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9584 Questions
I have some white sticky liquid coming from inside the uretra. It smells bad, and causes me itch. It comes out if i squeeze my penis, and im sure its not semen or urine.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is not a serious issue. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have thick sticky liquid coming out from your urethra. Mostly this is a mucus secreted by mucus glands (Bulbo -Urethral glands) situated in urethra.This secretions acts as a lubricants which helps in free passage of thick semen through urethra during ejaculation.. This secretion is excessive in your case and is most likely to be due to inflammation of the urethra. Please get swab test and culture of this secretion done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please start taking broad spectrum[ antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report. Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine dilute. Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily. Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.I shall be happy to help you. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor