Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed white specks in urine. What could it be?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9629 Questions
I seem to be having strange white rice like pieces in my urine. I was just curious if that was normal. I happened to take a pregnancy test this evening and caught the urine in a clean cup and that is what I found. Thoughts?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 59 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

White specks /rice like particle are sometimes associated with chronic cystitis.

In the absence of clinical symptoms, it is difficult to speculate if you really have this condition. A routine urine test can tell us.

Therefore I suggest you to get your urine tested and accordingly consult a qualified urologist for further management.

In the interim ensure to consume more water to keep your urine dilute.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

With Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor