Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed white rashes and dryness on penis. Which medicine should I use?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
Dear Sir,
There are some white color rashes and some kind of dryness on my penis. There is no itching, but this outer allergy also extends to my inner skin. I also got some bruises while having sex because of this dryness and allergy. There are white patches of area like white fungi.
Please suggest me some ointment or medicine which i can apply.
Thanks a lot

Please sugeest me a good ointment which I can apply.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 59 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
This may be balano- posthitis- bacterial or fungal or just accumulation of smegma.
It is better to get examined and take a prescription for topical antibiotic ointments.
Mupirocin (Bactraban/T-bact) should solve the purpose.
To be applied thrice daily for three weeks.
For dryness at sex, try liquid paraffin or KY jelly.
best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor