Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

198 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed white patch on arms. Diagnosed with Tinea versicolor. What should I do?

Answered by
Dr. Raju A.T

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 3950 Questions

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Skin: Dear Doctor I have noticed a white patch coin size developed on my left arm and two very small size on my right too it has been six months passed by however the spots still persisting I had been to a skin specialist a couple of months back for which the Doc pricked with needle and confirmed that it may be teniavascular and suggested an ointment for the same however there has been no spread further. I believe that the spots are less visible due to my skin complexion. would request you to guide me on this attached image of the same thank you
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Image is missing Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I do not see the image here. Kindly try re-attaching here. Waiting for your response,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later
please find attached as I am fair in complexion circled the area. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 31 hours later
Brief Answer: Tinea versicolor Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the image. I have seen the image attached. It appears to be Tinea versicolor, do continue the ointment given. If the ointment given by dermatologist is not helping you can apply MICONAZOLE ointment applied twice daily. This may take time but will disappear without any mark. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Tinea

doctor1 MD

I am really concerned about a rash that I have on my skin. It s something that s on my neck and chest area that fades and comes back. It looks like light spots but itches and has a dry feeling. I think it may be tinea versicolor but I don t know.. Please help

doctor1 MD

Hi, my boyfriend has been struggling with tinea versicolor pretty much all over the top half of his body. They are clustered reddish/brown patches that he gets every spring/summer. He went to the doctors a few years ago and they told him it was a fungus and provided him with antibiotics. Since we already know what the skin condition is, is there another remedy or medication we can buy without a prescription to get the fungus patches to go away? And also what can he use to keep them from coming back? Thank so much!

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor ...I am in a mental dilemma ...I had a risky sexual encounter on august 31st 2017although I wore a condom while inserting in the vagina of a spa massage a few days back I got severe dry cough treat that I had...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am a woman of 60 and I suffer from Ringworm of the scalp caused by Microsporum Canis. I live in the country where doctors have no experience with this condition or the relevant medication. They gave me Lamisil tablets, they did noting for me...

doctor1 MD

I believe I have tinea versicolor. I am trying to treat it. Anyways, I noticed that I have developed small dark brown spots about the size of an eraser overnight. They are on my back and possibly my arms. Just a few. I am 28 male. Are these just moles developing?

doctor1 MD

Hello was wondering if someone can help me figure out what these marks are all over me they don't hurt, itch, bleed or burn there more cosmetic than anything else I've had them for well over a year but it wasn't this bad I feel like it's getting...

doctor1 MD

i am having crotch itching tinea. this is a cronic disease which i suffer about 24 years from now.its advancincing time to doctor gave me omastin.but when i took it my upper chest is getting pain.some time i can sense that i can't breath easily.why?? wht is your advise of my disease?