Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Noticed white grey patch on head of 10 year child after hair cut. Should go for paediatrician advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
My son is 10 years old and we noticed just a few days ago a white/gray patch of head on the top side. I took him to the salon last night for a hair cut (which is very short with clippers) and he flinched and said ouch when she came to the spot. There is a small red are with white hair coming from it. He said he doesn't really hurt. He doesn't remember hurting/hitting it. He is in 4-H has animals, we live in the country and he has an 8 year sister. We went to Florida and spent time in the ocean two weeks ago.......should I be concerned something has bit him, should I take him to the pediatrician?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Examination is required for diagnosis.

Either upload a photo of it for further advice, or consult a Skin specialist/Dermatologist for examination and diagnosis.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor