Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Noticed white floating skin like particles in urine, have bladder emptying problem. Cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
i am a male 32 yrs , sir on close observation i found white floating skin like particles in urine , i also have bladder emptying problem. what are these skin like white particles
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would like to review investigation reports...

Detailed Answer:

Well, on most occasions these white floating particles could be crystals (solutes), cast or epithelial cells. These particles are sometimes noticed due to harmless conditions secondary to reduced hydration or can be an indication of urinary infection or obstruction.

Since you also complain of emptying problem, I think you need to be investigated further; if it isn't been done yet. If I were to be your treating doctor, I will order for complete blood count, urine routine and microscopy and ultrasound abdomen (pre and post void) to start with. I would also encourage you to drink plenty of fluids.

You can visit your doctor and proceed with testing.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor