Noticed white cream like stuff on feces. What could it be?
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The stools are made up of fibre residue, dead gut mucosa cells, mucus, dead bacteria and water content.
When you have irregular bowel habits mixed with constipation at intervals; the water content is less and stool is more dense, as a result the mucus comes to surface and occupies the crevices on the surface of hard stool and may look like a worm or some thing important.
Another possibility is that you might have passed the dead worm in stool and could be having live worms in your gut as well.
But I think you have seen this collection of mucus on surface of stool.
You can further clear your doubt by getting a stool examination for ova and cysts.
You should improve hydration, include fruits and vegetables in diet to provide fibres, if still constipated then you should take laxatives under supervision.
If you do not have any pain, distention in abdomen, you should not worry anymore.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
In the case that I might have worms, will I keep seeing them on my stools? Or should I be alert of any side effects until I'm able to see a doctor?
I have a picture of my stool, I don't know if you want to see it but for some reason I couldn't upload it, if you need to see it I can mail it to you... thank you again, have a good weekend!
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
So you have a straight forward cause for you constipation, you should improve your water intake and must take it on regular basis. Best way is to keep a bottle loaded with 1.5litre water and end it by the time you go to bed.
you do not find worms regularly on necked eye examination but eggs are always found in lab tests if you have worms.
Seeing a picture would not help, in any case you need to identify the worm and it's species also for the treatment, so better to get stool tested.
Wish you a great health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Solid white stuff on feces
- What could cause black seed like things in feces
- Feces with white cloudy stuff
- What could cause yellowish green feces with mucus
- What does long stringy stuff in feces mean
- Milky stuff in feces
- Stringy black stuff in feces
- What is white spots on feces
- Blood and sticky stuff in feces
- Belly cramps white stuff on feces
- Frequent leg and back pain in different parts of body with swelling....
- Tested positive for HSV-2. Trying for weight gain. Will ensure plus have...
- Do you think taking poly iron will help heart racing? Is oxygen...
- Tiny itchy bumps that blanch when pressed randomly appeared on arms,...
- Abdominal pain which moves to testicle. CT, Urine test and USG scan said...
- Having severe back pain while sleeping. History of bladder and kidney...
- Bruise on back that pained. Pleurisy? Why did my nasal cavity start to...
- Jaw pain, bruises, lump under left jaw, stuffiness, facial pressure....
- Giraffe skin pattern by drying. Applying creams and exfoliation. What...
- Painful bump on buttocks, itches. Appears and clears. Whats this?