Noticed white color small dot on penis. Sign of STD?

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: hello sir, i having white colour small dot in penis....is it STD
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
These small skin coloured , slightly whitish fleshy elevated lesions arranged circumferentially in a row over corona of glans are known as pearly penile papules.

These are not at all a sexually transmitted disease. These are benign lesions commonly seen in uncircumcised males and these do not require any treatment. However if somebody is too anxious for treatment, cryotherapy or electro dedication can be tried.

I would advise you to leave them as such without worrying as these are definitely not a sexually transmitted disease.

Hope that answers your query. Take care.