Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed white coating on penis head and hurts while pilling foreskin. Related to fungal infection?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9600 Questions
Hi Doctor,
I saw some white film sort of coating on my penis head. The skin also is dry and hurts while pulling the head out to clean. I have not had any sex with anyone. I saw some posts about fungal infection. Is this my case? Please advise. I am in India and would like to know some anti fungal cream to try. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears that you have Genital Mucocutaneous Candidiasis .
I would like to know if you are diabetic. If you have not tested your blood sugar so far please get your blood Sugar levels done . We would need fasting samples and a sample 2 hours after lunch done to rule out Diabetes.
Depending on the reports please consult some Physician or Diabetologist for proper management.
You can apply a clotrimazole gel over the affected area (after cleaning it thoroughly) twice daily for 3 days. You would also need an oral fungal like fluconazole for which you would need to see a physician.

If you have pain while retracting the foreskin, you may have Phimosis. Consult some surgeon after your present infection gets cured. You may need to get Circumcised ( a procedure where we remove the foreskin)
Please feel free if you have any more questions.I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor