Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Noticed white bump with red and purple bruise coloured ring around forearm. Concerned

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5572 Questions
My son is 17 and has a white bump, first noticed it yesterday, it is the size of a nickel with red and purple bruise colored ring around it on his forearm. The ring is about the size of the top of a small styrofoam coffee cup opening. no pain, no itch and does not recall hitting it on anything. Bump is a little firm.
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
Based on the description, there are three possibilities:
1. Insect bite
2. Low grade infection
3. Related to injury (however, I have noted there is no history of injury)
As of now, simple measures can be taken. Like applying anti-inflammatory creams such as diclofenac or ketorolac gels, twice a day.
If it starts to subside, there is no need to worry. If it persists or becomes larger, you may consult your GP.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you have more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor