Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Noticed warts on scrotum. How to get rid of it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1677 Questions
My husband just showed me three warts on his scrotum & on the upside not underneath. One is bigger than the other two but they are not in a "cluster". He said he noticed them a couple of months ago & forgot to ask our Family Physician on Friday. We have not had sex since my stroke & then the horrible menopause since 2006. He works out of our State & I don't believe he has been unfaithful to me. They look just like warts. Can you give me something to work with? THANK YOU!
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Warts are small, sometimes raised, skin tag like projections that look like, for lack of a better comparison, cauliflower, in that the surface is usually irregular with small projections and folds. They can be quite small.

Do not jump to a conclusion. The simplest way to sort this out is to have him go to his primary doctor. One can be biopsied and sent to a pathologist to tell you for sure.

The virus that causes this may have been present for decades. They tend to occur in times of decreased immune suppression.

So just encourage him to go get them checked out. They can also be "burnt" off using something called Tri-chloro acetic acid. They are very common and should not be ignored.

I hope this helps. Please ask if you have followup questions!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor