Noticed wart on lips and skin growth on neck. Could it be due to HPV virus?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: i have a small filliform wart on my lip.which keeps coming back. it has been off and on for three months , i ve had it removed twice from skin doctors., but they dont give it any importance but i keep reading about these warts and keep thinking about it. i can also feel other very small skin growths on my neck. i want it cured before it spreds , i keep washing my hands and ve lately become very concious now.. PLEASE HELP .does that mean i ve hpv virus, where should i go for my check up in new delhi...
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Warts are caused by HPV virus .They can spread with touch i.e. skin to skin contact.
They can multiply from one to two and to many.
Avoid touching the site.
They can be safely and effectively removed by RF cautery.
It is a simple office procedure done in OPD basis.After giving local anesthesia the wart can be removed by passing current through it.
Once done by experienced person they do not recur.

You can get it done at any qualified dermatologist clinic or you can get it done at any medical college like AIIMS or Safdarjung .

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

DrSudarshan
Dermatology.
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
can you pls suggest any good doctors in south delhi , just a bit vary of going to hospitals . its on the lip and i ve had the procudure done before . it came back.
need someone with good experience, pls suggest.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 24 minutes later
Hi again XXXXXXX

You can visit DrGaurang XXXXXXX at XXXXXXX medcentre,panchshila park north,new delhi.He is a good doctor in your vicinity.