Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Noticed wart on lips and skin growth on neck. Could it be due to HPV virus?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
i have a small filliform wart on my lip.which keeps coming back. it has been off and on for three months , i ve had it removed twice from skin doctors., but they dont give it any importance but i keep reading about these warts and keep thinking about it. i can also feel other very small skin growths on my neck. i want it cured before it spreds , i keep washing my hands and ve lately become very concious now.. PLEASE HELP .does that mean i ve hpv virus, where should i go for my check up in new delhi...
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later

Warts are caused by HPV virus .They can spread with touch i.e. skin to skin contact.
They can multiply from one to two and to many.
Avoid touching the site.
They can be safely and effectively removed by RF cautery.
It is a simple office procedure done in OPD basis.After giving local anesthesia the wart can be removed by passing current through it.
Once done by experienced person they do not recur.

You can get it done at any qualified dermatologist clinic or you can get it done at any medical college like AIIMS or Safdarjung .

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed wart on lips and skin growth on neck. Could it be due to HPV virus? 3 hours later
can you pls suggest any good doctors in south delhi , just a bit vary of going to hospitals . its on the lip and i ve had the procudure done before . it came back.
need someone with good experience, pls suggest.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 24 minutes later
Hi again XXXXXXX

You can visit DrGaurang XXXXXXX at XXXXXXX medcentre,panchshila park north,new delhi.He is a good doctor in your vicinity.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor