Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Noticed tiny colored specs on the external protrusions of anus. How to get rid of it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
Good Morning, I have noticed that I seem to have very tiny XXXXXXX colored specs on the external protrusions of my anus. They don't hurt and no matter how clean I scrub, I can't seem to get rid of them.....??
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
The anus and surrounding skin tends to be heterogeneously pigmented.
The pigmentation you have noticed is also innocuous and just a normal variant.
At times there can be moles which are slightly darker pigmented then surrounding skin.
If they are growths and externally palpable and have recently appeared then it is possible that they are papillomas. In that case you need to consult a dermatologist for confirmation through local examination and treatment is by local medicines and laser fulguration.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor