Noticed tiny colored specs on the external protrusions of anus. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Question: Good Morning, I have noticed that I seem to have very tiny XXXXXXX colored specs on the external protrusions of my anus. They don't hurt and no matter how clean I scrub, I can't seem to get rid of them.....??
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX,
The anus and surrounding skin tends to be heterogeneously pigmented.
The pigmentation you have noticed is also innocuous and just a normal variant.
At times there can be moles which are slightly darker pigmented then surrounding skin.
If they are growths and externally palpable and have recently appeared then it is possible that they are papillomas. In that case you need to consult a dermatologist for confirmation through local examination and treatment is by local medicines and laser fulguration.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.