Noticed tiny brown specks inside arm. How to remove this?

Dr. Shailja Puri

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Posted on Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Question: hi i have just notices tiny brown specks in the inside of my arm on bot arms but more on ly left it looks like tiny sun spots but im not sure and im a little worried.
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 12 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query on Health Care Magic.

These tiny brown specks can be due to sun exposure.
Have you had a chronic sun exposure at that site?
Are the lesions associated with itching or pain?

Kindly, let me know these facts.
I will be able to help you better.

Thanks
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Shailja Puri 20 hours later
No I haven't been, I've been wearing long sleeves but even if I haven't worn long sleeves I have never had that hapen to my arm befor.
Hello and welcome again,

In the absence of sun exposure, these lesions are unlikely to be associated with sun exposure.
The lesion is erythematous i.e. there is reddish appearance of the lesion.
The possibilities are as follows:
1. Vasculitis- inflammation of the blood vessels
2. Allergy- to metal, cloth, etc.

For further work up, you need to visit a dermatologist for clinical examination and relevant investigations to confirm the diagnosis. It can be any one that I mentioned or some other entity.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan