Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Noticed tenderness and pain during sex in testicles. What is the cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
I up until recently had a severe pain in my lower left abdomen (my left) about three inches to the left of and three inches below my bellybutton and my left testicle had pain that ranged from tender to a severe ache. Then About a month ago when I was ejaculating during sex I felt a twisting popping sensation in my abdomen and somehow also connected to my left testicle and it hurt like hell. The sensation reminded me of taking a raw chicken leg quarter and bending it the wrong way at the joint until the joint breaks. Since then the abdominal pain has gone almost completely away but I still get a slight tenderness there about once a week or so that is nowhere near the pain I had there for almost six months. BUUUT my testicle is still just as tender and I have found it almost impossible to achieve a full erection and can't maintain it at all. This is a stark contrast to what I had before.and was an over night change starting the next time I tried to have sex. I have previously had no problems achieving or maintaining an erection and could ejaculate multiple times with the same erection and achieve an erection multiple times a day. (I know that most can't but I could) I have been to a doctor about the pain and they acted like I was faking it and didn't go back they did find a high level of the enzyme that's supposed to help digest fats in my blood but the doctor thought it was because I was an alcoholic (funny since I only drink about three times a year if that and haven't drank in 5 months). I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm only 41 and to my knowledge erectile dysfunction doesn't manifest with this severity over night. I'm scared to death. Someone PLEASE HELP! I don't want to go back to the doctors but I am scared to death I don't want to die or lose function permanently.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Recommend you for Ultrasound Testis Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Spasmodic twisting type of pain is sometimes seen in many of normal individuals after having Normal orgasm. If usually occurs due to spasm of cremastric muscle which is overlying muscle over the Spermatic cord( Cord from testis). Patients presenting to me with such complaints, i usually get a Testis Ultrasound and Colour Doppler examination done. Its basically done to know that the lie and positioning of testis are normal and to rule out intermittent torsion of the testis(twisting of testis around its axis which affects the blood supply). On finding a normal scan confirming Normal lie and location of testis and normal vascularity, reassurance is all that i give them. Coming to your case, i would also suggest you the same. Erection dysfunction in your case is basically because of stress and apprehension and also due to the pain you had experienced. From your history i dont see any other reason why you should have erectile dysfunction. Do get a scan done in consultation with a Physician with whom you are comfortable. You should be fine. Wishing you a Happy and Healthy life Do take good care of yourself Relax and everything is fine Take Care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed tenderness and pain during sex in testicles. What is the cure? 42 minutes later
What about the abdominal pain that went on for like 6 months before the incident and the fact that the pain higher in my abdomen and the pain in my left testicle felt as though they were connected? they would both come and go at the same time? and my left testicle sits higher than the right I don't know if that is relevant or not. I originally went to the doctor for the abdominal pain but I have not been able to get in to see a doctor since the incident during orgasm. and the erectile dysfunction started right after the incident during orgasm but I was not worried right after that I assumed it go away but it has been going on for a long time now and now I am getting scarred. I had actually over the last few weeks wondered about a hernia but I am not sure what the other signs would be. is there anything that might be connected with the high enzyme levels that they found when I went to the doctor? I would most definitely like to get the scan done but as I said in my original question they act like I am faking or something. I really don't know why I would do something like that just is the impression I get from the doctor when I went for this.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Scrotum and abdomen ultrasound will rule out Detailed Answer: Greetings Testicular pain can have referred pain high up in abdomen,usually periumbilical. Getting Ultrasound if scrotum and abdomen is all that is required. Ultrasound of abdomen will also rule out any affection of liver or Pancreatic abnormality if that is the cause of raised enzyme. It will also rule out abdominal hernia. Abdominal hernia usually presents as swelling in groin especially after coughing or straining while passing stools. Also sometime the enzyme can be slightly on higher side even in normal individuals. I see no reason that you should be worried about. Just confide in your treating physician and get abdominal and scrotal ultrasound done. It will be very much reassuring.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor