Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Noticed swollen sweat gland in groin area. Should I treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I woke up this morning to find what I suspect is a swollen sweat gland in my groin area, basically on my underware line. I have been hiking a lot lately and did several miles yesterday in shorts that were probably too tight. Lesson learned! When I put a little pressure on it it did drain a little, but not much. How should I treat this, and how long will it last?
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later

Thanks for writing..
Pls keep the area clean and dry and apply antibiotic ointment or crème.
Consult a doctor early to check if it just the boil or XXXXXXX seated problem like lymph nodal enlargement and also whether you need oral antibiotics for quick recovery.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
DR G Srinivasan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor