Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed swelling around penis. Ultrasound showed testicular masses. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
hello im a 21 year old male and I had a previous question that was answered and I was told I have an uti. I tried to wait it out and drink lot of water and cranberry juice, but just got worse. so this morning I got up to go to the bathroom and my penis was swelling around the shaft, so I went to the hospital and the tested my urine and said I had no sign of infection. they did a blood test and said that was fine then they did an ultra sound and said I have testicular masses but my testicals are not swollen. they gave me anti biotics and some medicine that makes my urine orange and told me I should be ok. I went home and went to sleep and woke up it was swelling a little bit more then I went to work and the swelling got worse and it still burns when I urinate. I don't know what to do.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Infection of testis and epididymis---------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. This is typical of infection of the sperm collecting tubes- epididymitis. Though the urine may not show evidence of infection, your symptoms point to UTI. UTI an epididymitis are closely associated. The next steps would be to give a midstream sample of urine for culture and sensitivity test. While waiting for results, you may start on antibiotics that is usually used for treating UTI like Quinolone group. Hoe remedy includes scrotal support and ice application thrice daily for ten minute each. ONCE THE result of urine test is available, appropriate antibiotics need to be selected and given for three weeks. Hope this helps, bbest regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor