Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed sticky liquid discharge from penis with foul smell. What am I suffering from?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 13 Questions

I am XXXXXXX aged 25 years working for a software concern in Bangalore. FOr more than 2 weeks my penis head is leaking with sticky liquid with a foul smell and surrounding the penis area it was little darker colour which created itiching.I went to general physician and he prescribed medcines and i am taking it regularly. Now at some time i am get a very bad smell from me penis and inner part is always wet with the foul smell.Kindly let me know what i should do next.
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Dilip Raja 18 minutes later
Ideally, you need to be examined by a urologist and let him evaluate you.

However, I need to ask you if this discharge started after a sexual intercourse.

Please also let me know if you have any urinary symptoms like burning sensation,increases frequency of urine. This will mean you might have contracted a foreskin or not.

There could be many more reasons for such a discharge and let your urologist evaluate you. He will take a smear of your discharge and send it for microscopic examination to detect any infection in general or specific organism like gram negative Diplococci .

Hope this satisfies you and you can take proper treatment.

Best wishes

Dr Dilip Raja
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor