Noticed spots on penis after sex. Is this due to STD?

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Doctor, I have this small skin colour spots around my penis rim. They are not painful at all and don't hitch either. From time to time they occur and I think is after sex. I was wondering if it is a STD ?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need pictures to reach a diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now from your description, there are two to three things that I can think off. Either you are having an absolutely benign condition called fox fordyce spots or you have lesions of a Candidal infection or there can be warts. I would like to know certain things from you Do these lesions heal up and disappear of their own? Is there on associated discomfort? You should click some close up pictures of the skin lesions. This will help in reaching the exact diagnosis. Upload them here on this page. You can also mail then at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. I am sure I would be able to help you more once you follow up with the pictures. Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul.
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 24 hours later
Hi Doctor, I was wondering if you got my previous email with the pictures attached. Regards XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: pictures not received Detailed Answer: Hey, I am sorry but I have not received any mail yet. You can try uploading the pictures on this page or you can mail them as told. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 56 minutes later
Hey Doctor, I have just emailed the pictures to you again. Email address YYYY@YYYY please let me known if you have received, thank you. XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 12 hours later
Brief Answer: pictures not received Detailed Answer: Hey Don't know what the issue is but there seems to be some problem in uploading of pictures. I have not got any pictures yet. Try contacting the customers care helpline for help if you are not able to do p.m Dr Geetika Paul.
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
I have attached some pictures I hope that helps you. Thank you XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Candidiasis glans penis Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. I have seen the attached pictures. You seem to be having candidal balanitis. This is basically a fungal infection of the glans region. Since you get it after a contact every time, there is a possibility that your partner has candidal infection as well. Now you need to apply a topical antifungal cream containing clotrimazole over the affected area twice a day for atleast a week continuously. You might as well get your partner checked up and treated for the same. Candidiasis is a very common infection of the genitals which can occur in diabetics, in patients on immunosuppressive drugs, on antibiotics or it can be sexually transmitted. Hope it helps If you need any further clarifications, please ask. Dr Geetika Paul.