Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Noticed sots on glans on penis. No pain. What can these be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2697 Questions
I would like to know what these spots are on the glans on my penis. Noticed them a while ago and wondering if I should be worried. They are painless.
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not fit with STD, no inflammation, ignore the same

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query.

I saw the picture sent by you.

There is no sign of any inflammation and also it does not fit with any STD.
It is neither a wart or Herpes.
It may be either a case of Fordyce spots or a mucosal cysts. It has no clinical importance. You can just ignore its presence. It will not do any harm to you or your sex partners at present or in future.
If you want exactly about the nature of the same, a biopsy from the lesion will help.
But that is not necessary.
DR S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor